To celebrate the reconstruction of the legendary Love Bridge, Allura and Hunk participate in a re-enactment of the tale where two people's love for each other caused the original bridge to magically form between their kingdoms. But Lotor crashes the celebration, intent on taking Allura for himself.
WRITTEN BY: Coslough Johnson
TIMED BY: Muriel Germano
ORIGINAL AIR DATE: October 4, 1984
- Aldar was originally named Ferdo.
- Kir was originally named Nym.
When Voltron was dubbed from Golion, the series suffered a number of edits, mostly to remove material that was considered objectionable or inappropriate for Voltron. However, some of the deleted material was intended to be featured in the series only to wind up on the cutting room floor anyway. This section details what deleted material was intended to be featured in "Bridge Over The River Chozzerai". Also detailed here are lines of dialogue that was scripted (and likely recorded) but not present in the episode.
- Deleted from Allura's narration of the Love Bridge legacy was a line of dialogue from the Princess before she states Aldar and Kir threw stones into the sea to build a bridge between them: “Every day... Day after day, after day, after day...”
- Deleted from the shot of Hunk peering through his fingers to see what card he has was a line of dialogue from him in which he says hopefully: “Be the joker...oh!”
- Trimmed from the long shot of Yellow Lion dropping down out of view and being followed by the Red and Green Lions prior to the Voltron formation sequence were frames showing the Blue and Black Lions also following.
- A shot of Keith at his Lion console after he turns his control lever to begin the formation of Voltron was deleted.
Some lines of dialogue were originally scripted differently. This section details the noteworthy differences.
- Lotor's line “Princess Allura will be mine!” as Black Lion bears down on the prince's ship was originally scripted as: “This time Princess Allura will be mine!”
- Keith's Voltron formation preparation dialogue was originally scripted as: “Connect interlocks! Activate infra-cells! Fuse diatherms! Megathrusts are go!”
A hand-written note in the script requested that production co-ordinator Heidi Lester change the dialogue to the standard assembly line as heard in the episode, hence the change.