Planet Polux, Arus' evil twin world, allies itself with King Zarkon and Planet Doom in hope of defeating
Voltron and taking over Arus. To help them with their plan, the eldest son of Polux's King Kova, Prince Avok,
allows himself to be turned into a Robeast to destroy Voltron. Meanwhile, the Voltron Force fly to Polux in an
attempt to bring peace between Arus and Polux.
WRITTEN BY: Stan Oliver
TIMED BY: Bobby Bennett
ORIGINAL AIR DATE: November 19, 1984
- Kova was originally named Dane.
- Avok was originally named Gil.
- Drak was originally named Tom, then Drek.
- Mogor is referred to as Gobra in the script. It's not known if this was an originally intended name for the character or a temporary name for the character, especially considering Gobra was Mogor's name in Golion.
When Voltron was dubbed from Golion, the series suffered a number of edits, mostly to remove material that was considered objectionable or inappropriate for Voltron. However, some of the deleted material was intended to be featured in the series only to wind up on the cutting room floor anyway. This section details what deleted material was intended to be featured in "My Brother Is A Robeast". Also detailed here are lines of dialogue that was scripted (and likely recorded) but not present in the episode.
- Deleted from the scene of Lotor and his entourage exiting his ship after arriving on Planet Polux
were chants of greetings from the courtyard crowd: “Hail to Lotor! Son of Zarkon! Ruler of Planet
Doom! Hail to Lotor!”
- Deleted from the Lion launch sequence was a split-screen shot of Hunk, Pidge, Lance and Allura
yanking their Lion Keys from their chest, locking them into place out of frame and then yelling “Keys
set!” after being instructed by Keith to do so.
- A close-up shot of Allura was deleted from the final scene of the episode.
Some lines of dialogue were originally scripted differently. This section details the noteworthy differences.
- Lotor's line “This human has no chance against Voltron!” was originally scripted as: “This puny
human has no chance against Voltron!”
- Lotor's line “Would you dare to fight me again?” was originally scripted as: “Look, would you care to
go for two out of three?”
- Lotor's line “Fair enough!” was originally scripted as: “It's a deal!”
- Bandor's line “Wow, Avok's gonna be a Robeast!” was originally scripted as: “Exciting! Avok's gonna
be a Robeast!”
- Haggar's line “King Kova is old and will be gone. That will leave little Bandor as Prince in charge of
Planet Polux!” was originally scripted as: “King Kova is old and will soon be be gone. That will leave
little Bandor as Prince Regent in charge of Planet Sura!”
Polux's original name of Sura has been retained here for posterity.
- Keith's line “Now -- let's hit him with the Argon force field!” was originally scripted as: “Now's our
chance -- hit him with the Argon force field!”