An old castle suddenly appears on Planet Arus. Pidge decides to check it out and bumps into several local
kids on the way. Together they head for the castle to explore it, unaware they're falling into a trap set by
WRITTEN BY: Michael Walker
TIMED BY: Dick Shaw & Verla Evans
ORIGINAL AIR DATE: October 16, 1984
- Though not mentioned in the episode, the black-haired, blue-clothed boy is named Arlo.
- The Robeast is referred to as 'Beetle' in the script.
When Voltron was dubbed from Golion, the series suffered a number of edits, mostly to remove material that was considered objectionable or inappropriate for Voltron. However, some of the deleted material was intended to be featured in the series only to wind up on the cutting room floor anyway. This section details what deleted material was intended to be featured in "The Buried Castle". Also detailed here are lines of dialogue that was scripted (and likely recorded) but not present in the episode.
- Deleted from the start of Pidge saying he's going to pick out a few sparklers for himself was a line
from the pint-sized Voltron Force member in which he tell the kids: “Don't grab so fast.”
- Deleted from the scene of Hunk, Lance and Allura finding Pidge and the children tapped in the castle
bell was a shot of Hunk and Keith firing their laser guns at Haggar's off-screen cat.
The shot was deleted for continuity reasons as the animators accidentally drew Keith instead of
- A pan shot of a trapped Lance, Allura and Hunk covering their ears as the bell rings was deleted.
The shot was deleted for continuity reasons because the animators accidentally coloured Lance's
uniform red instead of blue.
- The start of the establishing pan-down shot of the final scene of the episode was trimmed by several
seconds, resulting in the Arusian cross on the castle not being visible.
Some lines of dialogue were originally scripted differently. This section details the noteworthy differences.
- Keith's line “Release Electro Force Cross!” was originally scripted as: “Heat Beam Cross!”