After Pidge's home planet of Balto is attacked, Keith, Lance, Pidge and Hunk travel to the planet in search of
survivors but find nothing except ruins. While there, they come under attack from Lotor and find it difficult to
fight back with Allura and the Blue Lion still on Planet Arus.
WRITTEN BY: Michael Walker
TIMED BY: Muriel Germano
ORIGINAL AIR DATE: October 25, 1984
- This episode may have originally been titled “Pidge's World Crumbles” at one point.
- This is the only season one episode where Keith says “Form arms and torso!” instead of “Form arms
- A hand-written note in the script states that Keith's line “At least we're sure everybody got safely off
the planet before Lotor started his dirty work.” 'Must be well-articulated so kids don't get the idea
that humans were reduced to cosmic dust'.
When Voltron was dubbed from Golion, the series suffered a number of edits, mostly to remove material that was considered objectionable or inappropriate for Voltron. However, some of the deleted material was intended to be featured in the series only to wind up on the cutting room floor anyway. This section details what deleted material was intended to be featured in "Pidge's Home Planet". Also detailed here are lines of dialogue that was scripted (and likely recorded) but not present in the episode.
- Deleted from the shot of Allura dropping to the floor was a line from Nanny yelling “Princess!” as
Nanny steps into frame.
- Deleted from the start of Zarkon's remark about the Voltron Force heading to Balto was an extra line
from him: “The brave Voltron warriors!”
- Deleted from the close-up shot of the Voltron Force after they enter the battered dome structure
was the building suddenly shaking and some rock debris falling down in front of the team.
- Deleted from the shot of Allura standing up from her seat was a line from her: “I'll get Blue Lion and
leave at once!”
I suspect the line was deleted because the shot did not last long enough for the line to play out.
- Deleted from after Keith says “Right!” when Lance states they've shaken off the force field was an
extra line from the Voltron Force leader: “N..O..W ... W..E.. ... F..I..G..H..T ...!”
The line was replaced with Keith's famous Blazing Sword formation dialogue, which was originally
scripted to be heard in the shot of Voltron forming the weapon.
- Deleted from the shot of Lotor's fleet fleeing the planet (after Lotor tells his troops they don't have
to face Zarkon) was a voice over line from the prince: “Pull out...we've done all of the damage we
Incidentally, the line was not originally in the script.
- Deleted from after Pidge's sad proclamation that he wishes he could have seen his back yard once
more was an extra line from him: “...and the apple trees.”
Some lines of dialogue were originally scripted differently. This section details the noteworthy differences.
- Coran's line “We must try to find someone suitable.” was originally scripted as: “We must direct
ourselves to finding someone suitable.”
- Keith's line “Pidge's planet is being destroyed!” was originally scripted as: “Something bad is
happening to Pidge's planet.”
One of his next lines, “It deserves help too, just as much as this planet.” was originally scripted as:
“It deserves help when it's in trouble just as much as this planet.”
- Allura's line “We owe everything to them!” was originally scripted as: “I owe everything to them!”
- Lotor's line “Good!” when he realises Allura is on her way to Balto was originally scripted as:
One of his next lines, “It will save me going to Arus for her after I've destroyed the Voltron Force!”
was originally scripted as: “It will save me the bother of going to Arus to claim her after I've
destroyed the Voltron Force!”
- Lance's line “Okay, Robeast! A hot bath!” was originally scripted as: “Let's give the Robeast a hot
- Lotor's line “Why must they continually defeat me?!” was originally scripted as: “Why can't I win one...just once?”