When they discover a new world, the Voltron Force encounter a fleet of decrepit 'ghost ships'. Meanwhile,
the new world's water harbours a threat that could destroy the Explorer.
WRITTEN BY: Stan Oliver
TIMED BY: Jack Shaw
ORIGINAL AIR DATE: October 7, 1984
- Captain Rogar was voiced by Lennie Weinrib.
- The line “Anybody bring a surfboard?” was originally scripted to be delivered by an unidentified
- Jeff's line “Hold on!” just before Voltron is hit by a big blast of laser fire from the Robeast was
originally scripted to be heard in the side-on shot of Voltron being blasted through trees by
the Robeast's fire.
When Voltron was dubbed from Dairugger XV, the series suffered a number of edits, mostly to remove material that was considered objectionable or inappropriate for Voltron. However, some of the deleted material was intended to be featured in the series only to wind up on the cutting room floor anyway. This section details what deleted material was intended to be featured in "Ghost Fleet From Another Planet". Also detailed here are lines of dialogue that was scripted (and likely recorded) but not present in the episode.
- Deleted from the shot of Rocky, Ginger and Marvin in the lounge area as the Voltron Force observe
the new planet was a line from Ginger: “I wonder if there's any life there.”
- Deleted from Cliff's reporting to the Explorer that the new planet's surface is deserted was voice
over line from Sparks acknowledging Cliff: “Okay, Cliff.”
- Deleted from Krik's reporting to the Explorer that there's nothing under water was a voice over line
from Sparks acknowledging Krik: “Okay, Krik.”
- After Cinda wonders what Professor Page will find in the lake water samples, a shot of Ginger
walking up to the window saying “We'll know soon enough. He's studying it right now in the
lab.” followed by Lisa walking into frame and remarking “It's strange water!” was deleted.
- Deleted from the Ghost Fleet's surprise appearance on the planet was a shot of a second Explorer
officer pointing to the ships in the sky.
The line “It's the ghost fleet!” was originally scripted to be heard in this shot. The deletion of the
shot resulted in the line being moved to the start of the shot of Newley turning to ask Hawkins what
they should do.
- Deleted from the close-up shot of Voltron looking up at the off-screen Robeast fleeing was a line of
dialogue yelled simultaneously by the Voltron Force: “Let's go – V..O..L..T..R..O..N!!!!!”
- Deleted from the end of the battle after the Robeast's demise was a sequence where Voltron fires
his electro-thermal blasts at Mongo's fleet, destroying most of his ships.
- Deleted from the start of Mongo's aide proclaiming he is not afraid was a line of dialogue from the
aide: “I am a robot...”
- Deleted from the shot of Mongo's fleet retreating was voice over line from Hawkins giving an order
to the Voltron Force: “Voltron -- return to the Explorer immediately!”
Some lines of dialogue were originally scripted differently. This section details the noteworthy differences.
- Krik's line “Jeff, the Explorer's in trouble!” was originally scripted as: “Jeff -- the Explorer's in bad
- Krik's line “He's escaping!” was originally scripted as: “The monster's escaping!”
- Jeff's line “Watch out!” as Voltron leaps into the air to avoid laser fire from the Robeast was
originally scripted to be grunts and groans only.