A young Drule pilot, Sandu, crash-lands after a training run goes awry and is rescued by the Voltron Force
and taken aboard the Explorer to recover. Shannon is not happy with the Drule's presence aboard the ship,
feeling that the Voltron Force shouldn't be friends with Drules.
WRITTEN BY: Stan Oliver
TIMED BY: Jill Yamanaka
ORIGINAL AIR DATE: December 14, 1984
- A hand-written note in the script states that Zabor's name is to be pronounced as 'Zahbar' so he
would not be confused with Tabor from Lion Voltron Episode 12 “Bad Birthday Party”. This explains why Zabor's
name is mispronounced in this episode.
- Zabor has a different voice in this episode for unknown reasons.
- Despite being verbally identified as such and speaking in his voice, the bald-headed Drule officer
that speaks to Hazar regarding Sandu and Zabor is clearly not Mongo. As identified in the next
episode, the officer is actually Brak.
Writer Stan Oliver appears to have mistaken Brak for Mongo, which explains why he is verbally
identified as and speaks in Mongo's voice.
- The dialogue in the first shot of Lisa and Ginger holding Shannon back was originally in a different
order. The order of the dialogue as presented in the script:
When Voltron was dubbed from Dairugger XV, the series suffered a number of edits, mostly to remove material that was considered objectionable or inappropriate for Voltron. However, some of the deleted material was intended to be featured in the series only to wind up on the cutting room floor anyway. This section details what deleted material was intended to be featured in "A Temporary Truce". Also detailed here are lines of dialogue that was scripted (and likely recorded) but not present in the episode.
- Deleted from the short scene of the Voltron Force working in the research area right before Sandu's
ship crash-lands was a brief shot where Rocky runs up to Jeff and urgently tells him “A Drule Empire
star-fighter is going to crash right near here!” followed by Jeff reacting to the news with a “What?!”
It's not clear why the shot was deleted and Rocky's line given to Sparks in the form of a slightly re-written
- Deleted from the start of Hazar telling Brak-Mongo he knows Brak-Mongo is unhappy being captain
was an extra line from the Drule leader: “Mongo -- let me tell you something...”
- Deleted from the end of Hazar telling Brak-Mongo that he and Zabor will take care of the matter of
the downed Sandu was an extra line from Hazar yelling: “Mongo, get out!”
- Deleted from the end of Shannon's rant that he has a score to settle with Sandu and the Drules was
an extra line from the angry Sea Team member directed towards the Drule pilot: “I want a piece of you!”
- A shot of Shannon wiping his mouth with the back of his hand after being punched by Hawkins was
- Deleted from the shot of a repairman pushing Wolo aside and telling him he'll repair what Wolo was
trying to fix was a line from Wolo thanking the man: “Thanks a lot!”
- Deleted from after the moment where Sandu tells Shannon to stay back from his burning ship was a
shot of Sandu managing to get to his feet, followed by a shot of Shannon yelling: “Good! You
got away just in time! You're gonna make it!”
Some lines of dialogue were originally scripted differently. This section details the noteworthy differences.
- Zabor's line “I've prepared for that!” was originally scripted as: “I've prepared for that already!”
- Marvin and Hutch's dialogue during Hutch's game of cards with Sandu was originally scripted a bit
The original dialogue as presented in the script:
- Jeff's line “Yeah, come on, Shannon. What are you waiting for?” was originally scripted as: “Well -- what are ya waiting for?”
- Krik's line “No, that's Lisa's job!” was originally scripted as: “No -- Lisa was 'sposed to help with that.”
- Newley's line “Alright, put 'em on.” was originally scripted as: “Put 'em on -- immediately!”