Commander Hawkins meets with Mongo to discuss a possible partnership between the Alliance and the Drules in the exploration of new worlds. However, Brak, who disapproves of any such joint ventures, has other ideas.
WRITTEN BY: Jack Paritz
TIMED BY: Jack Shaw
ORIGINAL AIR DATE: March 5, 1985
- Writer Jack Paritz at one point in the script jokingly refers to a deleted-from-the-episode painting of a naked Drule woman on the wall of Hazar's quarters as 'a center-fold of Dolly Parton'.
- One shot of Hazar in his quarters that was deleted from the episode was amusingly scripted as:
- The reason why Tangor speaks with Wolo's voice instead of his own is because writer Jack Paritz appears to have mistaken Tangor for Wolo.
- The reason why Cliff says “Just long enough to wipe out the base. This is probably the way they had it planned from the beginning!” in Hutch's voice instead of his own is because writer Jack Paritz appears to have mistaken Cliff for Hutch in the shot.
When Voltron was dubbed from Dairugger XV, the series suffered a number of edits, mostly to remove material that was considered objectionable or inappropriate for Voltron. However, some of the deleted material was intended to be featured in the series only to wind up on the cutting room floor anyway. This section details what deleted material was intended to be featured in "In The Enemy Camp". Also detailed here are lines of dialogue that was scripted (and likely recorded) but not present in the episode.
- Deleted from after Sparks' remark he isn't getting any response was a radio operator in the background turning in his direction and suggesting: “Maybe try the ultra space wave.”
- Deleted from the reverse angle shot of Cliff and Krik after Jeff worries the Drules may take Hawkins hostage were the Land and Sea Team leaders nodding their heads in agreement with Jeff.
- Deleted from before Hawkins offers his hand of friendship to Mongo before leaving his ship was a left-to-right pan shot of Hawkins and Mongo silently looking at each other.
- Deleted from Brak's proclamation that he does not make mistakes was an extra line from him: “Never, never, never!!”
Some lines of dialogue were originally scripted differently. This section details the noteworthy differences.
- Mongo's line “But I have the honour of representing him with full authority.” was originally scripted as: “But I have the honour of representing him in this matter -- with full authority.”
- Mongo's line “Have you cleared this with Hazar?” was originally scripted as: “Have you checked this out with Hazar?”
- Mongo's line “It appears we'd better speed up our talk!” was originally scripted as: “It looks like we'd better speed up our talk!”
- Rocky's line “Hey, it was a trick!” was originally scripted as: “I knew it was a trick!”
- Mongo's line “There are reasons which I am not able to discuss.” was originally scripted as: “There are certain reasons which I can't talk about.”
- Newley's line “I launched the Voltron Force when it looked like you had a problem, sir.” was originally scripted as: “I launched the Voltron Force when your peace talk blew up.”
- A Drule officer's line “Sir, we're outmatched!” was originally scripted as: “We're losing! We're outmatched!”