Brocca's Comet passes the Explorer and is being monitored by both the Voltron Force and the Drules. The Drules plot to use the comet's lunar effect to their advantage.
WRITTEN BY: Coslough Johnson
TIMED BY: Jack Shaw
ORIGINAL AIR DATE: December 18, 1984
When Voltron was dubbed from Dairugger XV, the series suffered a number of edits, mostly to remove material that was considered objectionable or inappropriate for Voltron. However, some of the deleted material was intended to be featured in the series only to wind up on the cutting room floor anyway. This section details what deleted material was intended to be featured in "Who's On First?". Also detailed here are lines of dialogue that was scripted (and likely recorded) but not present in the episode.
- Deleted from after Hutch's paid vacation quip was a shot of Tangor saying: “I don't like just sitting.”
- Deleted from the after Steele expresses concern the Alliance may have provoked war with the Drules was a shot of an Alliance Diplomat and an Alliance General in which the General says to Steele: “We think that planet may make a good space depot for supplies.”
- Deleted from the shot of a Drule officer firing at Brak after Brak opens fire in the meeting room was a line from the Drule officer yelling to Brak: “You can't possibly succeed!”
- Deleted from the end of Brak's failed revolt against Hazar was a sequence where Brak commits suicide.
The sequence as presented in the script (which occurs right after he says he's leaving for another planet):
I don't ordinarily list violent scenes that were earmarked by the producers to be cut, but I've listed this one for posterity due to the fact that dialogue was written for it, which is unusual as almost all violent scenes that were cut from Voltron did not have any dialogue written in them.
Some lines of dialogue were originally scripted differently. This section details the noteworthy differences.
- Hutch's line “I can't take much more of this. And neither can they.” was originally scripted as: “You're the hero type, Tangor. Like our captains.”
The line was changed due to a line of dialogue from Tangor being deleted from the scene. (see DELETED SCENES and DELETED DIALOGUE)
- Cross' line “Until they've made a decision, we shall stay put.” was originally scripted as: “Until they've made a decision, I will stay put.”
- Brak's line “I'm carrying out my duties as a servant of the Great Empire.” was originally scripted as: “I am merely carrying out my duties as an obedient servant of the Great Empire.”
- Brak's line “Join my revolt and I shall lead you into glorious battle!” was originally scripted as: “Join my revolt and, with me as your chief, I shall lead you into glorious battle.”
- Jeff's lengthy line in the final scene of the episode was originally scripted differently: “This time the Voltron Force avoided a battle. I wonder what new challenges lie ahead of us in space? No matter what, we'll always be ready to meet them with the help of...Voltron! Defender of the Universe!”