The Voltron Force and the Drules hold a joint exploration of Planet Zay. All goes well until Nerok, who is
opposed to the joint exploration, shows up and launches an attack against the Voltron Force.
WRITTEN BY: Stan Oliver
TIMED BY: Jack Shaw
ORIGINAL AIR DATE: January 16, 1985
- Gorvan was voiced by Peter Cullen in this episode.
When Voltron was dubbed from Dairugger XV, the series suffered a number of edits, mostly to remove material that was considered objectionable or inappropriate for Voltron. However, some of the deleted material was intended to be featured in the series only to wind up on the cutting room floor anyway. This section details what deleted material was intended to be featured in "What's On First?". Also detailed here are lines of dialogue that was scripted (and likely recorded) but not present in the episode.
- Deleted from the split-screen shot of the Air Team when they encounter pterodactyls was a gasp of
“Wow!!” from Ginger.
- Deleted from the start of Nerok's proclamation to Gorvan that the Drules are taking over Planet Zay
and that they don't need interference was an extra line from Nerok: “For the last time --”
Some lines of dialogue were originally scripted differently. This section details the noteworthy differences.
- Jeff's line “Cliff and Krik, form super-jets!” was originally scripted as: “Cliff and Krik -- our three
teams will now form Super-Jets...”
- Nerok's line “Stop now, or else!” was originally scripted as: “Do what I say -- or you'll be with him!”
His next line, “I don't care what Hazar said! I'm in charge! You'll stop working with the Alliance
now!” was originally scripted as: “I don't care what that fool Hazar said! I'm in charge now -- you'll
stop working with the Alliance -- or else!”
- The Robot Captain's line “We have orders to clear this area.” was originally scripted as: “We have
orders to clear this area and build a new base...”
- Jeff's line “We should wait 'till our leaders can talk!” was originally scripted as: “Both sides should
wait 'till our leaders can talk.”
- Hawkins' line “So you can destroy this world?” was originally scripted as: “We won't leave you to
destroy this world!”
- Gorvan's line “Commander, please stop this madness! The Galaxy Alliance still wants peace!” was
originally scripted as: “Commander Nerok...won't you please stop this madness? The Galaxy
Alliance will still make peace with us.”