The Voltron Force investigates Planet Neb and finds the planet has many face-like statues. Meanwhile, Nerok
goes against Hazar's orders to avoid contact with the Alliance fleets and plots to attack the Voltron Force.
WRITTEN BY: SCoslough Johnson
TIMED BY: Muriel Germano
ORIGINAL AIR DATE: January 17, 1985
- Not much of a trivia tidbit here, but this episode is my favourite of the VV series.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Viceroy Mozak.
- Deleted from the episode were several shots in Hazar's quarters showing a painting of a nude Drule
woman hanging on the wall, a painting which writer Coslough Johnson jokingly refers to in the script
on separate occasions as 'Dolly Parton centerfold' and Hazar's 'favourite set of big jugs'.
Another deleted shot featuring the painting is described in the script as: 'WIDE ANGLE -- HAZAR
brooding at his desk under the bountiful boobs of his pinup broad'.
- The reason why Ginger speaks in Lisa's voice instead of her own when she tells Jeff her instruments
indicate no life forms underground is because writer Couslough Johnson appears to have mistaken
Ginger for Lisa in the shot.
When Voltron was dubbed from Dairugger XV, the series suffered a number of edits, mostly to remove material that was considered objectionable or inappropriate for Voltron. However, some of the deleted material was intended to be featured in the series only to wind up on the cutting room floor anyway. This section details what deleted material was intended to be featured in "Great Stone Space Faces". Also detailed here are lines of dialogue that was scripted (and likely recorded) but not present in the episode.
- Deleted from after Krik's comment that the sunken city the Sea Team discovers must have been a
growing city at one time was a shot of Tangor remarking about the city: “Now it's just a big, growing
pile of rubble.”
- Deleted from the shot of Krik pulling Lisa into the Aqua Fighter was a line of dialogue from the Sea
Team leader: “Grab my hand, Lisa!”
Some lines of dialogue were originally scripted differently. This section details the noteworthy differences.
- Mozak's line “You must find another planet for us as soon as possible.” was originally scripted as:
“You must find another planet we can relocate to as soon as possible.”
- Krik's line “Nice world for fish!” was originally scripted as: “Nice world for frogs!”
- Jeff's line “...the Voltron Force can handle it!” was originally scripted as: “...the Voltron Force can
handle that one!”
- Jeff's line “We've come in peace and wish to speak to you!” was originally scripted as: “We've come
in peace and mean you no harm! We wish to speak to you!”